Make your photos more lively!
To compete with other companies in the market, camera makers are forced to make new models with different features like HD video, built-in projectors etc. and are made to sell their models even in small niches. It is up to you to choose the good ones. It is very imperative to choose good quality camera lens. Don’t think that you can take the best picture using an expensive camera lens, as the person taking the picture is also responsible for this. Lens is the vital element in a camera. Most of you buy digital camera without examining the lens in it. Camera is just a holder of the photograph, through your lens only you can see the shots and can make a sharp picture out of it. Because of this, you should give more importance to your lens than your camera.
Always, make sure that you buy a very good camera lens as well as the camera. In some cases, it is not likely to change the camera lens. So, for eternity go in for a good digital camera with the best lens. It is prudent to go for glass lens rather than plastic lens.
Keep on buying camera lens from renowned manufacturers, as they are more unswerving. Ensure that the lens you buy suits your camera, because some cameras are restricted to specific lenses. Before going for lens purchase, you should be aware of its types. The focal length of a lens is the measure of magnification and the view angle the lens supports. Focal length determines the type of lens and is measured in mm. Wide angle lens offers less magnification and wide view angle with a focal length of 20mm to 35 mm. Traditional lens provides a focal length of 50mm with normal magnification.
Telephoto lens proffers a focal length from 105 mm to 300 mm, high magnification and narrow angle of view. Zoom lens bids a focal length between 50mm to 150 mm and it alters its focal length while zooming in. According to your need and affordability, you can choose the lens. Zoom lenses are largely preferred these days. A few lenses can be interchanged between digital camera and film camera. But you should take into consideration the effective focal length between the digital and film cameras. The focal length of the film camera should be multiplied by 1.6 to get the focal length of digital camera.
Forever prefer a longer zoom lens rather than going for more mega pixels. Usually people go for more pixels so that they can crop the photo to obliterate the unwanted things surrounding the required subject. A longer optical zoom helps to zoom the subject alone in the frame which minimizes cropping. Try to avoid digital zooming wherein the software installed in the camera crops the picture. It is better to modify or crop pictures after making them available on PC. Sundry camera models have different lenses in them.
Ultra-compact models help to take quick snapshots at any condition. They are pocket-sized. Compact cameras are always seen with larger zoom lens and also with several other features like automatic and intelligent scene selection. Super zoom models are larger in size and can magnify 20X or more. They have their own built in lenses having 500 mm zoom equivalent to a wide angle of 28mm or more, without troubling the photographer to lug several lenses. They also have assorted SLR features like aperture size, shutter speed etc. SLR model swaps over lenses in order to achieve more control over the image. Some models like super zoom are not exactly Single Lens Reflex model, even though they possess some features like SLR features. Predominantly, the costlier the lens the better it is. Because, the pricey lenses have more glass elements in them.
The thing about digital cameras is that they are so easy to use. Everything from the most basic point and shoot to the most advanced D-SLRs has an “auto” function where the camera does everything except actually pushing the shutter button. But this is not always the best way to get great photos. In the end, it’s not what the camera sees but what the photographer tells it to see that counts. So here are a few tips on getting great photos with your digital camera.
- Do many of your pictures come out with colors that are “cooler” than what they should be? For example, is the warm orange in a pile of autumn leaves somehow lost? The auto white balance is at fault. It’s fine for most photos, but it can often lose the overall warmth. When shooting in sunny outdoor conditions one way of overcoming this is changing the settings from “auto” to “cloudy” if your camera only has limited white balance control. It may seem odd, but it has an effect on the colors like putting a filter on the lens. It increases the richness of oranges, reds and yellows, making the photo seem warmer.
- If you do a lot of landscape photography you need a polarizing filter. This will reduce glare and unwanted reflections in your photos and result in not just crisper colors but in much deeper saturation, especially of the blue sky. This in turn will enhance the textures of the image. Since the polarizing effect of the filter is most effective when the light hits the subject head-on (a 90-degree angle), the best results are obtained when the sun is over your shoulder.
- Experiment with using the flash outdoors, even in the sun. When the flash mode is set, the camera calculates the background exposure and then adds enough flash to fill in the foreground and compensates for any difference in light. To get more natural flesh tones for portraits, try placing the subject in the shade and using the flash on the subject. Not only will the tones improve and be in better balance with the background, but the subject will not have to squint into the sun.
- The Digital camera’s “macro” mode is often underutilized or improperly used. With this mode you can take great extreme close-ups. All you have to do is set the mode and get as close to your subject as you can – obviously there are limits on how close you can get to a butterfly before you frighten it away. But once you do get close, don’t rush the shot. Be sure that the confirmation lights are on before you shoot- people are often scared their live subject will run away and shoot in haste, thereby ruining what could have been a great photo. Remember too that in this mode you have a very limited depth of field, so focus on that part of the subject that is of interest and don’t worry about the rest of the composition. It will often be soft, but that usually serves to highlight the subject of the macro picture.
- While the LCD monitors in digital cameras are useful for capturing group shots and candid photos, keeping a level horizon with them is often a problem. It usually much better to use the viewfinder when doing landscape photography. And if your camera has the viewfinder grid, turn it on. It should help you keep your horizons what they are – horizontal.
Camera technology has come a long way as it provides consumers a wide range of premium digital camera options coming from different leading brands. Many people have even abandoned the old cameras in favor of the digital ones as digital cameras have proven to be more advantageous over the traditional ones.
There are many things to consider when purchasing a digital camera. Some of these aspects will include purpose, flexibility, manual options, battery type and shutter lag time. With all these aspects to consider and the overwhelming choices that are available in the market today, it is not surprising that camera shopping has become more difficult than it should be. Although there will probably be no single camera that can satisfy the needs of all individuals, the best option would be for you to do a little research on your own and determine the digital camera that works best for your needs.
Nowadays, Canon is considered to be one of the most competitive and reliable digital camera brands in the market. Canon has certainly developed their cameras over the years and up until today receives enthusiastic reviews from users. They are known for their advanced camera technology which delivers high performance and high image quality.
Ever since Canon has started manufacturing state-of-the art cameras, it has become a huge success and well-loved by camera lovers around the world. It is famous for its Canon EOS camera system which comes with a Single Lens Reflex (SLR) technology. On the other hand, if you are an amateur who love to shoot and capture cherished moments then the Canon digital camera Powershot series is your best bet. This includes Powershot G9, SX100 IS, TX1 and S5IS.
Another highly rated Canon digital camera is the Canon Powershot SD1100 IS. This digital camera has an 8 mega pixel CCD image size and 3x optical zoom lens. It has a 2.5″ LCD display with a 32 MB of internal memory as part of its Secure Digital Memory Storage feature. Furthermore, there are also numerous other Canon digital cameras that are affordable at the same time are famous for its image quality and resolution features. One example is the Canon Powershot A470 which is compact and comes with a 3.4x optical zoom, a 2.5 LCD monitor that will definitely satisfy your digital needs.
Although Canon is known for its reliable and high-quality digital cameras, it is still essential that the utmost care and maintenance is given. As these delicate gadgets are considered as an investment, it is important that the device to not be subjected to frequent dropping. You should also keep in mind that the best way to protect the lens is to never touch it with your fingers. Repair for malfunction to digital cameras such as a lens repair should be done by an experienced camera repair business. Always make sure that any type of repair such as a lens or LCD repair be done right to guarantee that your prized digital camera will last for years to come.
Beautiful photographs are possible with the use of exceptional Canon digital cameras. Although this may be true, it is always advisable to do your own research and determine your photographic needs to end up with the best choice possible.